The mission of CARF is to promote the quality, value, and optimal outcomes of services through a consultative accreditation process and continuous improvement services that center on enhancing the lives of persons served.
Through responsiveness to a dynamic and diverse environment, CARF serves as a catalyst for improving the quality of life of the persons served.
CARF believes in the following core values:
- All people have the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
- All people should have access to needed services that achieve optimum outcomes.
- All people should be empowered to exercise informed choice.
CARF's accreditation, research, continuous improvement services, and educational activities are conducted in accordance with these core values and with the utmost integrity.
In addition, CARF is committed to:
- The continuous improvement of both organizational management and service delivery.
- Diversity and cultural competence in all CARF activities and associations.
- Enhancing the involvement of persons served in all of CARF's activities.
- Persons served being active participants in the development and application of standards of accreditation.
- Enhancing the meaning, value, and relevance of accreditation to persons served.
In support of CARF's mission, vision, and core values, CARF's purposes are:
- To develop and maintain current, field-driven standards that improve the value and responsiveness of the programs and services delivered to people in need of life enhancement services.
- To recognize organizations that achieve accreditation through a consultative peer-review process and demonstrate their commitment to the continuous improvement of their programs and services with a focus on the needs and outcomes of the persons served.
- To conduct accreditation research emphasizing outcomes measurement and management, and to provide information on common program strengths as well as areas needing improvement.
- To provide consultation, education, training, and publications that support organizations in achieving and maintaining accreditation of their programs and services.
- To provide information and education to persons served and other stakeholders on the value of accreditation.
- To seek input and to be responsive to persons served and other stakeholders.
- To provide continuous improvement services to improve the outcomes for organizations and the persons served and their community of influence.